Established to build better links between science, creativity and business, the KTN brings together businesses, entrepreneurs, academics and funders to develop new products, processes and services.
We work with large and small companies, government agencies and research organisations, with tech hubs and start-ups, public funding bodies, VC's and private investors. We have built a unique network that exists to stimulate and accelerate innovation to benefit the UK economically, socially and environmentally.
Working across industries
KTN comprises 16 specialist teams covering key sectors of the economy – from defence and aerospace to the creative industries, the built environment to biotechnology. We also has five cross-cutting business programmes: Design, Access to Funding and Finance, High Value Manufacturing, Horizon 2020, and International.
We aim to:
- Increase business-led Research & Development (R&D) in the UK
- Facilitate the exploitation of R&D to help the UK capture more value from innovation
- Increase collaboration between businesses (B2B) and between businesses and the research base (B2R) to benefit the UK
- Be the ‘go to’ organisation for businesses wanting to innovate
How we can help you
In the last five years, we have helped thousands of businesses secure funding to drive innovation – and we support them throughout their business cycle to see that investment through to success. KTN has an online community of 60,000 members and through its programme of events, it brings together over 20,000 delegates every year.
At the KTN we can help:
- Connect with over 60,000 members across all industries and technologies
- Access expertise about projects, markets and research
- Connect to UK and EU public funding calls and programmes
- Engage with disruptive technologies in specialist groups
- Collaborate with industry and the research base
- Get help to build the business case for investment
- Develop more sustainable business models
You can find the dedicated KTN website here http://www.ktn-uk.co.uk
You can follow us on Twitter @innovateuk and see our YouTube channel here