A quick quiz… Do you think staff in the Innovate UK family:
- All work in Swindon
- All work in Swindon apart from the people in the Catapult centres
- Are mostly in Swindon except for a few people in London
- None of the above?
One of our best kept secrets is how well distributed our teams are around the UK. Around half our Innovate UK’s core staff are field based – we’re everywhere from the South (west) coast up to Scotland.
The Innovate UK family is regional
Innovate UK’s family includes our own field workers, the Knowledge Transfer Network and the Enterprise Europe Network. All told, on average there are around 30 of our guys in your region…and that’s before we include the Catapult Centres.
Introducing our new Regional Managers
We know that we need to make ourselves more visible and accessible to you. This week we took a big step forward – our new stakeholder-facing Regional Managers have started their jobs. The Regional Managers are internal staff who will spend the next 6 months kick-starting a greater strategic connection between the Innovate UK family and other stakeholders. They will be working in all regions of England, and in the Devolved Administrations, and they will spend the coming months:
- Working out how we can make ourselves more visible and accessible to you
- Developing stronger relationships with leaders of regional growth and innovation strategy
- Mapping innovation capability in each region against our sector priorities (see our Delivery Plan for more on these)
Start with a call to the Enterprise Europe Network
If you’re a business who wants to know more about how the Innovate UK family can help you, our business-facing networks are there to help. Enterprise Europe Network has offices all over the UK and would love to hear about your business aspirations and how we can help you innovate and internationalise. They’ll take you to whatever support will work best for you, whether that’s from a local, national, or EU and international source.
You can follow Innovate UK on:
- Innovate UK Twitter @innovateuk
- For more Innovate UK videos subscribe to our YouTube channel here
- Sign up for email notifications on funding, connections & support opportunities
- Follow Innovate UK on Facebook
- Connect with Innovate UK on Linkedin