Who are Randox?
Well, if you haven’t heard of us already, you soon will! We’re the new sponsors for the world’s greatest race, the Grand National - but our main job is cutting-edge healthcare diagnostics.
Yes, it sounds complicated, but diagnostic testing plays a vital role in healthcare – and is taking place behind the scenes when you visit your GP, or go to hospital.
Around 70% of all medical decisions are based on diagnostic tests – and so, not surprisingly, we believe accurate and accessible diagnostics are the key to improving healthcare worldwide.
We also believe in the power of preventive healthcare – by using our tests to give you an overall profile of your current health, you can understand what you need to do to secure your future health.
Did you know?
Here are some interesting facts that you might not know about us:
- We make a real difference - more than 5% of the world’s population receives medical diagnosis using Randox products each year (that equates to more than 370 million people!)
- We’re a diverse team - we have over 1400 employees of 44 different nationalities – including our 300 first-class research scientists and engineers.
- We’re into R&D - about 16% of our turnover is reinvested in R&D, and so we have more new tests in development than any other diagnostics company.
- We’re unique - our scientists have spent over £220 million identifying the gold standard in testing – our patented Biochip Array Technology. We are the proud owners of the world’s only diagnostic grade biochip!
The future of Randox: expanding in UK and abroad
Most of us in the Randox team work out of our headquarters next to Belfast International Airport, Northern Ireland, where we set up over 34 years ago in 1982.
We are proud of our roots – growing from a team comprised of our two innovative founders, to a global company with manufacturing and R&D sites located in Northern Ireland, Ireland, India, and close to Washington DC, USA.
Our ongoing innovation is set to continue, and in the next few years we will be moving our headquarter operations to the state-of-the-art Randox Science Park, a £161 million project on a 47 acre site in Antrim, which will be the perfect space to advance our global vision of improving healthcare worldwide.
This site will also feature a Transformative Healthcare Centre as part of our Randox Health division – which gives people direct access to our ground-breaking diagnostic tests through a range of preventive health programmes in our Randox Health clinics.
Over the next few years, Randox Health clinics will be expanding across the UK in key locations such as Edinburgh, Chelsea, Mayfair, Canary Wharf, Liverpool, and Manchester, and globally in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and Dubai.
A shout-out to Innovate UK!
We are working in partnership with Innovate UK on two of our exciting R&D projects through the “Stratified Medicine: connecting the UK infrastructure” competition – a bladder cancer project, and an Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) project.
Have a listen below to Dr. Mark Ruddock, one of our leading Randox Scientists, to hear directly from him about our bladder cancer project which Innovate UK is supporting.
You can also find out more about the two projects Innovate UK are helping to develop, via the following links:
Please get in touch:
- Learn more about Randox on our website: randox.com or if you’d like to find out about our Randox Health clinics, visit www.randoxhealth.com
- Contact us by filling out our contact form here: http://www.randox.com/contact/
- Follow Randox on:
You can follow Innovate UK on:
- Innovate UK Twitter @innovateuk
- For more Innovate UK videos subscribe to our YouTube channel here
- Sign up for email notifications on funding, connections & support opportunities
- Follow Innovate UK on Facebook
- Connect with Innovate UK on Linkedin